5.23.2008

No Worries Point And Shoot

Now here is a point-and-shoot I might actually want to have around. My Rebel XT has served me fine for a couple years now, but I’d be wary of taking it whitewater rafting. This Pentax, however, will go 13 feet under the waves for a couple hours and be none the wetter inside.

It’s sealed against dust and dirt as well as water, and will operate down to 14 degrees Fahrenheit. It has a 5x non-protruding zoom, a perfectly decent LCD, takes 720p video clips, and can focus as close as a centimeter, which is fantastic. At $330, it’s a bit expensive, but I think I can honestly say that I’d buy this over any other point-and-shoots I can think of off the top of my head. (via crunchgear)

This seems ideal for moms who take the kids to the pool all the time, or someone who goes camping etc. Seems like a lot of camera for that price actually.